- I am not a quantified
boolean formula, I am a free variable! Photo taken in Oxford,
March 2006, by my advisor J.W.
- Screenshots from a raytracer I wrote for a class (all 512x512):
- 68ch11now.jpg. A parody of the `foo browser NOW!' buttons. By Wendell Wilson.
- abrowser.jpg. Another parody, this one actually related to web browsing.
From somewhere on the web.
- acm-pic-1.jpg. From the
2001 ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (March 2001). From left to right: Andy Martin, me,
and Bill Wyatt. Large (1368x775) picture.
- acm-pic-2.jpg. From the same. From left to right: Bill Wyatt, Andy
Martin, Leon Poutievski (Леон Путевский)
(front), Dr Jerzy Jaromczyk (back), and me. Very large (1600x1200)
- neil-beard.jpg. Me with a beard. From
acm-pic-1, massively cropped and shrunk to 128x128.
- neil-acm.jpg. Me with a beard again. From
acm-pic-2, also massively cropped and shrunk to 128x128.
- penguinsnow.jpg. Yet another. I hacked this one up in xpaint; the
penguins came from the 'Net somewhere.
- kittyporn.jpg. Kitty porn. From
The Corporation, modified by me from black-on-white to white-on-black.
- purplepenguin.jpg. The Penguus Illuminatus. By Michael Slone.
- hapelo.jpg. Another penguin by Michael Slone.
- neil-bright.jpg. Me, July 2000. Captured with my brother's IBM webcam.
The bad lighting was semi-intentional. I played around with the contrast, gamma, and blur a bit, too.
- neil-dark.jpg. Me with my hair down. I swear I was not on drugs. Same
- neil-purple.jpg. Me with a lock of hair down. Same webcam. This one
is my favourite of the bunch. I'm not sure why this and not the others has a purplish tint to it. Anyway, if
I decide to be a goth, this will probably have something to do with it. Fortunately for my potential gothhood,
you cannot see the fact that I was wearing a quasi-hawaiian shirt.
- neil-eye.jpg. My eye, same webcam. The camera isn't black-and-white,
it just doesn't pick up colour too well in this lighting; my eyes are really significantly more blue than
this image. If you look close you can see me reflected in the monitor reflected in my eye.
- trent.jpg. My brother, same webcam. This was in a different room, so there
was decent lighting. Trent is the pimp daddy G or something like that.
- lucky.jpg. My father's dachshund. Note the artifact of the green eyes---it
makes her look possessed or something. Captured with Wendell's digital camera.
- lucky-small.jpg. Same picture, 128x128.
- foucault.jpg. My cat, Foucault, ready to
pounce something. He was around 6 to 8 weeks old when the picture was taken.
- foucault-small.jpg. Same picture,
cropped and scaled to 128x128.
- maxwell.jpg. A previous computer. The case used to be Wendell's. Same
- maxwell-small.jpg. Same picture, cropped and shrunk to 128x128.
- megapenguin.jpg. My huge-ass christmas penguin. It looks like it's
on crack or something. Maybe it's that arctic circle-candy. Also taken with Wendell's camera.
- megapenguin-small.jpg. Same picture, cropped and shrunk.
- neil.jpg. Me, December 1999, when my hair was more orange than yellow-white.
It was also a lot curlier then. Same camera.
- neil-small.jpg. Shrunk.
- neil-crazy.jpg. Me again, December 1999. Lucky, on the bed behind
me, looks like she just saw a ghost or something. I look like I had too many penguin caffeinated peppermints
that day; I probably did. Same camera.
- neil-crazy-small.jpg. Heavily cropped.
- tarski.jpg. Alfred Tarski, Polish mathematician. My advisor's (Marek's)
advisor's (Mostowski's) advisor. My computer's namesake-antecedent.
- tarski-2.jpg. Same mathematician, different picture, cheap website. Don't
worry about the basin, it's empty.
- lambda-outline-cloth-tile.jpg. A previous wallpaper,
created with The Gimp.
- desk-2006-02-06.jpg. My desk, taken with a webcam.
- dirac.jpg. My current computer, taken with a webcam. 640x480.
- neil-2006-02-06.jpg. Me, same webcam. 640x480.
Last Modification: 6 Feb 2006.
Previous Modification: 17 Sep 2001.
If I'm to be your camera, then who will be your face?